TheFourthEvilTheFourthEvil

Main Audio Reviews Stats 1 Fan

The sulfur Roots The sulfur Roots

Nice little track. The composition is entertaining and coherent, and the production is detailed. In my opinion, a couple aspects of the track that could use improvement are as follows:

-The low end is very scooped, and it makes the track sound tinny and shallow in places, especially where the lead synth is most prominent.

-I am not fond of your percussion pack.

Both of these grievances are minor issues with easy fixes. The most important aspects of a piece are it's composition and production, both of which you nailed on this track. Good work.

poipoi responds:

I'm going a bit crazy with this pack of 50 snares. they all come precompressed and with their own reverbs but I try to use them so I dont have to use FL's. As for the low end, it sounded bad when I sidechained it because it's feedback and not a consistent sound. When I made it quieter it lost the louder effect. There's probably some EQ unbalance but it's all unscalable because of the strings resonance I cant get rid of. I do find my composition to be good. Thanks helpful review.

Song of Storms - Zelda Song of Storms - Zelda

This is a very interesting interpretation of a classic. Your track stays true to the song's roots (which I am uber nostalgic for), but carries with it a new feeling of resolution and determination. The harmonies are refreshing and well constructed, and the modified melodies are executed tactfully. This attention to detail indicates to me that this was not just a copy/paste job, it. The heavy kick-snare dubstep-esque beat isn't really my cup of tea, but it doesn't irritate me as it does in many other tracks, so I won't hold it against you. Downloaded, and will listen again. Nice work.

Pwnage101 responds:

Thank you, very much! I worked quite hard on trying to putt out that nostalgic vibe. I mean, childhood memories of running through Hyrule were the whole reason I put this together. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I do hope that you will continue to enjoy it. And yes, the drum track is pretty dubstep-esque. I just thought it would fit well, with the reverberating snare. Just wanted to try something new. But thanks, again, for the input!

-P101

Gloria Means No Harm Gloria Means No Harm

Quite jovial. Almost "Napoleon Dynamite"-esque in places.

Mrkapow responds:

Hahah yeh its supposed to be pretty playful! Thanks for the comment =)

IKSOSE (Coheed & Cambria) Tech IKSOSE (Coheed & Cambria) Tech